Address: 3 Kneza Sime Markovica st
Belgrade Phone: 011/2636-684, 2636-566
The temple of the St. Archangel Mihailo was erected in place of the older church from 1728. At knez Milos Obrenovic's order, during 1837-1840, a new cathedral was built, according to the plans of the Pancevo builder Kvarfeld, in the style of classicism with elements of baroque. A special value has the church treasury in which old icons and richly decorated goldsmith works from the XVII-XX century period, are being preserved. In the church, there are the graves of rulers Milos and Mihailo Obrenovic. In the church yard two greatnesses of the Serbian culture are buried: - Dositej Obradovic and Vuk Stefanovic Karadzic.