The building known as the "Beli medved" tavern located at 10 Vasilija Vasiljevica street is the oldest house in Zemun and the only remaining example of Balkan architecture in this part of the city. The house was constructed out of wood and brick and it's considered that it originated in 17th century. 

In year 1717 the Austro-Hungarian emperor Eugen Savojski resided after he conquered Zemun. 

The house is under protection of the Institute for culture monument protection in Belgrade and is one of the monuments of culture at Zemun municipality and was left to the wear of time.