Photo: Stare slike Novog Beograda
Nica beach was the first Belgrade sand beach. It got its name after a nearby tavern and stretched on the left bank of Sava, between Branko's and Old Sava bridge. It had swings, marry-go-rounds and changing cabins. This was where over 100,000 Belgraders found salvation from the summer heat with the view of Belgrade up to 1938.