Captain Misa's MansionLook at map
(1 Student Square)
This is one of the most famous buildings in Belgrade, which houses the rectorate of the University of Belgrade, as part of the Faculty of Philosophy. The original purpose of the building, when it was built between in 1858 and in 1863, was to serve as a private palace, judging by the plans of the architect, Jana Neveu. However, since the building was finished, Captain Misa's home building was donated for educational purposes. Great school moved into this building in 1863 while it still occupied one half of the Belgrade University and the other belongs to the Department of Serbian Language and Philology Seminar in Byzantine Greek classical languages of the Department of Philosophy.