Close
  • 011info Belgrade guide English version
  • 011info Belgrade guide
Weather forecast Belgrade 14℃
Variably cloudy with a chance of rain
Belgrade 5 day weather forecast
Weather forecast Belgrade 14℃
Variably cloudy with a chance of rain
Belgrade 5 day weather forecast
  • 011info Belgrade guide English version
  • 011info Belgrade guide

Attractions Old town

Albany Palace

( 2-4 Knez Mihailova street and 12 Kolarčeva street) The building is in the center of Belgrade, on the corner of Kolarčeva and Knez Mihailova Streets and was built using the project of Branko Bon and Milan Graklić in 1939. For a long time it was the...
More details ›

Bajrakli mosque

(11 Lord Jevremova street) It was built in 1575, as one of the 273 mosques that were located in Belgrade during the Turkish rule. The first name was Čohadži Mosque, after its constructor, Hadji Ali. There is only one room with a dome and a minaret. This...
More details ›

Balkan Cinema

(16 Brace Jugovića street)The building was built between 1867 and in 1870 and has three parts between Macedonian street, Brace Jugovića and Boulevard of Despot Stefan. Originally, the building operated as a hotel in the Balkans whose hall, three years...
More details ›

Belgrade Cooperative

(Karadjordjeva 48 ) The building was built in 1907, as the second major architectural project created jointly by Andre Stevanovic and Nikola Nestorovic. During the planning of construction, they were both under the impression of the great Paris Exhibition...
More details ›

Belgrade fortress with the Kalemegdan park

If you spend even a small amount of time in Belgrade, you will hear someone praising the "Kalish" or "Kalemegdan" as the most beautiful place in the whole city, as "their" place, an oasis of tranquility in the midst of the city noise. It is also likely...
More details ›

Botanical Garden Jevremovac

( 43 Takovska street ) Botanical Gardens has the status of a class-two natural monument and is protected as a cultural asset. Together with the Institute of Botany it makes up the educational unit of Biology University of Belgrade. Foto: Milena Arsenić Garden...
More details ›

Bozic family house

(19 Lord Jevremova street) It was built in 1836 by the merchant Miloje Bozic, according to an inscription from that time standing on the tympanum over the entrance porch. The building's ground floor was added above the basement of the ruined Ottoman...
More details ›

Building "The Serbian Crown"

(56 Knez Mihailova street ) The building was built in in 1869 as one of the first in the newly founded Knez Mihailova Street . The style is eclectic with elements of romanticism and today is the only preserved restaurant in Belgrade from the time when...
More details ›

Building of PRIZAD (Reuters)

(2 Obilicev venac street) The building was built by the architect Bogdan Nestorović who won the competition conducted in 1937, with the purpose to serve as an administrative building for PRIZAD (privileged export joint stock company). The building is...
More details ›

Building of Smederevo Bank

(39 Terazije square) The building was built in 1912, designed by architects Milorad Ruvidic and Isaia Fidanović as a residential and commercial building for the merchant Demetrius M. Stefanovic Smederevac. To this day it has preserved its original residential...
More details ›

Building of the Great School

( 22 Lord Jevremova street) The building consists of two, formerly separate, single-storey buildings. The yard was built in the late 18th century in 1862, only to later be merged into a single building complex. Great school was opened in the courtyard...
More details ›

Building the First Belgrade High School

( 16 Tsar Dusan street )First Belgrade Gymnasium was established in 1839 from where it draws its long tradition. It is located on what was once a gate Vidin, near the Church of Alexander Nevsky where once stood the entrance to Belgrade. At first, the...
More details ›

Captain Misa's Mansion

(1 Student Square) This is one of the most famous buildings in Belgrade, which houses the rectorate of the University of Belgrade, as part of the Faculty of Philosophy. The original purpose of the building, when it was built between in 1858 and in 1863,...
More details ›

Cathedral in Belgrade

( 3 Kneza Sime Markovica street ) It was built on the foundations of the old church, which is mentioned during the Austrian rule of Belgrade. The old church was built of stone, without the cross and damaged badly during the surrender of Belgrade in 1739,...
More details ›

Church of St. Alexander Nevsky

(France 39 ) Located in Dorcol, in Belgrade, the church was built in 1877, and dedicated to St. Alexander Nevsky , until in 1891 it was decided to build a larger church . The foundations were consecrated in 1912 and construction was expected to begin...
More details ›

Craft House

(2 Hilandarska street) The building was built with the aim to unite in one place all set up vocational institutions, as was the case with other social homes. In 1914 the craft is a group of funds collected for the construction of the project, started...
More details ›

Cukur fountain

(31 Dobracina street) On this fountain is a bronze statue of a boy, Sava Petkovic, in memory of the incident caused by Turkish soldiers in 1862. The official name of the sculpture is “The boy with a broken pitcher." The inscription on the statue reads:...
More details ›

Ethnographic Museum

( Uzun Mirko 2 ) One of our oldest museums, the Ethnographic museum which recently celebrated a centenary of its existence keeps the great treasures of our traditional culture. The museum was founded in February in 1901, but its roots are from even...
More details ›

First Varoska hospital

 ( 19 George Washington street)This building was built in 1868. and designed by Jovan Frencla. Varoška was the first hospital of Belgrade, build at the initiative of Prince Mihailo Obrenovic , with funds provided by contributions from all layers of Serbian...
More details ›

Graves of national heroes in Kalemegdan

( Kalemegdan ) The tomb was built in 1948 in the continuation of the great promenade of the Sava, with the Belgrade fortress walls below. Until today lying buried here are: - Ivan Milutinovic (1901 - 1944) , member of Politbur, Lieutenant General People...
More details ›

Home Jevrema Grujic

(17 Svetogorska street) Jevrem Grujic’s home was built in 1896 in the academic style of the 19th century, using classic materials - brick and stone in lime mortar . Jevrem Grujic was a Serbian politician and minister. He was a member of the circle of...
More details ›

Home of Jovan Cvijic

(5 Jelena Cetkovic street) Jovan Cvijic was a Serbian geographer and member of the Serbian Academy of Sciences and rector of the University of Belgrade . He was a world-renowned scientist and is considered the founder of geography as a science in Serbia...
More details ›

Home of Mika Alas

(22 Kosančićev wreath) The building was built by Mihailo Petrovic in 1910 using the plans of the architect Peter Bajalović . Mihailo Petrovic who was popularly known as Mika Alas, was one of the key figures of the Serbian and Yugoslav mathematical sciences. Foto:...
More details ›

Home of Pavlovic

( 39 Lord Jevremova street ) History cultural center “Pavlovic family home " had its distant beginnings in 1882 with Kosta and Anka Pavlovic, founders of the Pavlovic family. Costa was one of the first directors of Nis town after the liberation from...
More details ›

Home of St. Sava

( 13 Tsar Dusan street) The building of the St. Sava was constructed by its namesake company, established in 1886. The purpose of it was the “broader education and national feeling " in the nation. It housed the government and institutions of society....
More details ›

House of Filip Filipovic

( Takovska 37) Filip Filipović (1878-1938) was a well-known revolutionary and founder of the Socialist Workers Party of Yugoslavia. By profession he was a professor of mathematics and a revolutionary labor movement joined in 1897, influenced by his friend...
More details ›

House of Stevan Mokranjc

(16 Dositejeva street ) Home of the Serbian distinguished composer was built in the mid 19th century, and it is known that in 1867 was owned by Mary Mokranjac. Stevan Mokranjac was born in this house. The building is characterized by modest features...
More details ›

House of the painter George Krstic

(35 Dragon Jovina street) It was built around the 1890s and in it lived, worked and died the famous Serbian painter George Krstic. With the state grant he graduated from the academy in Munich, where he remained for ten years and painted his first works....
More details ›

House of Vuk’s Foundation

(2 King Milan street) This is one of the oldest buildings in this part of the city with the construction which was started back around in 1870. The first architect was Alexander Bulgarian but it is not known exactly how the building originally looked...
More details ›

Igumanova Palace

(31 Terazije ) One of the most famous buildings from Terazije was built in 1938 in a modern style, designed by two architects, Petar and Branko Krstic. Construction was made possible by Sima Andrejevic Igumanov who was a Serbian retailer and philanthropist,...
More details ›

Krsmanovic house in Terazije

(34 Terazije square) The house was built in 1885 per the designs of the architect Jovan Ilkić . Today the building is protected by the state, not only because of its age and good looks, but also because of the important historical events that have occurred...
More details ›

Monument of Gratitude to France

( Kalemegdan ) The sculpture was created by the sculptor Ivan Mestrovic and is located in the very center of Belgrade, in the Kalemegdan park. The monument was placed on 11th of November in 1930 as a sign of friendship, mutual assistance and cooperation...
More details ›

Monument to Dositej Obradovic

( University Park ) This monument to our great writer and educator was built in 1914 thanks to the efforts of Serbian Literary Association and Jovan Skerlić . The idea of erecting the monument had been present since the mid 19th century and achieved...
More details ›

Monument to Joseph Pancic

( University Park ) Joseph Pancic was a Serbian doctor, botanist and first president of the Serbian Royal Academy. He discovered a new type of a conifer that was named after him, the " Serbian spruce " (in Serbian “Panciceva Omorika”) and also named...
More details ›

Monument to Prince Mihailo

(Republic Square) This famous monument was built in 1882 in the the Republic Square, just in front of the National Museum. At the time, this was the first equestrian statue was erected in a public location. The monument is dedicated to Prince Mihailo...
More details ›

National Museum in Belgrade

(1 Republic Square) The museum was founded in 1844 and today it is the oldest institution of its kind in Serbia. It consists of the Fresco Gallery, Vuk and Dositej Memorial Museum and the museum of Rastko and Nadezda Petrovic. The most importantt historical...
More details ›

National Theatre of Belgrade

(3 France street ) It is located on Republic Square in the heart of the city. The theater was founded in 1868 and moved to its current location - which was then Stambol Gate - in 1869 as part of the National Theatre and the work of opera, ballet and...
More details ›

New Palace

(1 Andricev Venac) This building , which is now the seat of the President of the Republic of Serbia , is located in the center of Belgrade , on Andric wreath and managed as a cultural monument under state protection. It was built in the period between...
More details ›

Nikola Spasic Legacy building

(33 Knez Mihailova street )The building was built by the merchant Nikola Spasic in 1889 and designed by the architect A. Costa Jovanovic as a two-story residential and commercial building. In 1961 the building was protected as a cultural monument and...
More details ›

Old Court

(2 Dragoslav Jovanovic street) During the period between 1881 up to 1884 this building on the corner of King Milan and Dragoslav Jovanovic with access to Nikola Pasic Square, was the residence of King Alexander I. Today it serves as the seat of the City...
More details ›

Old house on Varos Gate

( 10 Gračanička street )It was built in the late 18th century as a family home, and rebuilt in 1830. Its position testifies of the old town and the regulation is one of the few surviving examples of urban architecture of Pannonian origin at the turn of...
More details ›

Old Telephone Exchange

(47 Kosovska street) The project for the building that housed the main switch was made by Assistant Professor from the University of Belgrade , Branko Tanazević . The building was built in 1908 at the corner of Kosovo and Palmoticeva Streets, which later...
More details ›

Palace "Athens"

(28 Terazije) The building was built using the project of Dimitri T. Lek, in 1902 as both a commercial and residential palace for the Belgrade merchant Djordja Vuca. Janko Kostic was a civil engineer responsible for the majority of work on the basement,...
More details ›

Palace of Princess Ljubica

(8 Sima Markovic street) The building is located on the corner of the streets Sima Markovic and Kralja Petra, in one of the oldest parts of Belgrade. The old prince's palace sprawled across from the Cathedral of the Patriarchate all the way to the garden...
More details ›

Palace SANU

(35 Knez Mihailova street) The palace was built in 1924, designed by the architects Dragutin Djordjevic and Andre Stevanovic, is a monumental architectural piece of Belgrade at the beginning of the century. Style of the building is eclectic with elements...
More details ›

Palace “Anker"

(26 Terazije) This building was built in 1899, designed by the architect Milan Antonović. The two-storey houses with shops on the ground floor and offices on the first floor was built for the insurance company "Anchor" and today is one of the most significant...
More details ›

Pavilion "Cveta Zuzoric "

( Kalemegdan ) The pavilion is an exhibition building at Kalemegdan, the establishment of which was commenced by Branislav Nušić in 20s of the 20th century. It was here that in February in 1923 was held the charity ball "Thousand and Second night" to...
More details ›

Primary school "Vuk Karadzic"

(41 Takovska street) One of the oldest primary schools in Serbia, it was founded in 1838 under the name Palilulska which it retained up to 1931 when it was renamed to its present name. The main school building was built in 1894 while the "small school"...
More details ›

Primary School King Peter

( 7 Kralja Petra street) The school is located between the Kalemegdan Fortress and the Cathedral. Designed 1906, the building is the work of back then the youngest woman architect in Serbia, Jelisaveta Nancic which she projected in her 23rd year. This...
More details ›

Realka

(14 Uzun Mirko's) The building was built in 1837 /38 from the designs of Franz Jankea as a family house for Cvetko Rajović who at the time was the manager of the Belgrade Town and an important political figure . Many times in its existence, the building...
More details ›

Republic Square

The Republic square is the main city square in Belgrade. It occupies an area of 120m and is surrounded by important landmarks such as the National theatre, the “Jadran” cinema, the Serbian Army Home, the monument to prince Mihailo and many others.The...
More details ›

School of Arts Building

( 4 King Peter I street ) The building was built next to the Residence of Princess Ljubica around 1836. The original purpose of the extra space was, until in 1842, the residence for the Prince Mihailo, after which they served as housing for Internal...
More details ›

Shaikh Mustafa's Mausoleum

(1 Visnjiceva street) Shaikh Mustafa's tomb (mausoleum), was built in the late eighteenth century as part of the Tekke (Muslim houses of worship, where Dervishes performed religious rites). The form of construction is typical of the pre-Islamic era and...
More details ›

Skadarlija

The famous “Bohemian quarter” in the very heart of Belgrade is located in Skadarlijska street and visited daily by over 20 thousand people. Due to its proximity to the National theatre, this is where many actors, artists, painters and writers resided...
More details ›

Statue of the Victor

( Belgrade Fortress ) Monument “the Victor” is a triumphal monument placed on the top wall of the Belgrade fortress. The monument is the work of the famous Ivan Mestrovic, who was commissioned by the Belgrade municipality to create a symbol of victory...
More details ›

Tavern "?" (Tavern "question mark")

(6 Kralja Petra I street) Inn "?" is one of the oldest restaurants in Belgrade. First it was a house built by an unknown Greek architect for the needs of Ičko, a Serbian diplomat. Later Prince Milos Obrenovic gave it to his doctor, Thomas yechimi as...
More details ›

Terazijske fountain

(Terazije square) Terazije fountain is yet another in the series of buildings and legacies that were constructed as an act of Prince Milos Obrenovic. Before there was the beautiful fountains of white stone with four lion heads that we know today there...
More details ›

The Army Home ( JNA )

(19 Brace Jugovića street ) Known today as the "Home of the army ," it has two sections. The first covers the Brace Jugovića street, and was built between 1929 and 1932 and the other stretches down Simina street and was built in 1939. The building was...
More details ›

The building of hotel "Moscow" ( Rossi Palace )

(1 Balkan street) Before the building became one of Belgrade's most famous hotels and meeting placse in the square Terazije , it was known as the Palace Rossi , owned by the Rossi insurance company in Belgrade. The construction was started in the spring...
More details ›

The building of the Ministry of Justice

(41 Terazije square) It was built in 1883 using Svetozar Ivackovic plans, in collaboration with the engineer John Subotic as a public administrative building for two government offices - the Ministry of Justice and Terazijei neighborhood, which is in...
More details ›

The building of the National Bank of Serbia in King Peter’s

(12 King Peter street ) Construction lasted from in 1888 to 1890s, and was led by Konstantin Jovanovic, who was the son of a famous graphic artist, painter of the first Serbian lithographer, Anastas Jovanović. Konstantin Jovanovic studied architecture...
More details ›

The building of the Patriarchate

( Prince Sima Markovic 6 ) The building was built in the period between 1932 and 1935 and designed by Victor Lukomski. This monumental building blends the supreme governing body of the Serbian Orthodox Church and the institution of the church center...
More details ›

Urban houses in Knez Mihailova no. 46, 48 and 50

(46, 48 and 50 Knez Mihailova street) Perfectly preserved is a complete block of buildings, characteristic for the architecture and town planning of the 70s of 19th century. These houses were built for residential purposes at the same time when the first...
More details ›

Vuk and Dositej’s Museum

(21 Gospodar Jevremova street) The building housing the museum is considered one of the oldest surviving residential buildings in the city. It was built by a wealthy Turkish Tresury Manager in the 18th century whose name has not been preserved until...
More details ›