(France 39 )

Located in Dorcol, in Belgrade, the church was built in 1877, and dedicated to St. Alexander Nevsky , until in 1891 it was decided to build a larger church . The foundations were consecrated in 1912 and construction was expected to begin by architect Elizabeth Nancic. However, due to the outbreak of World War II it had been postponed . Construction was finally completed in 1928 -29 and in 1930 the temple recieved a gift from Alexander Karadjordjević - a marble iconostasis . Icons were painted in the workshop of the Russian painter Boris Seljanko.

Foto: Milena Arsenić