Monument to Prince MihailoLook at map
This famous monument was built in 1882 in the the Republic Square, just in front of the National Museum. At the time, this was the first equestrian statue was erected in a public location. The monument is dedicated to Prince Mihailo Obrenovic and the liberation of Serbia from Turkish authorities. The author of the monument was the Italian sculptor Enrico Pazzi, and the monument itself is a bronze figure of Prince Mihailo on a horse with an outstretched hand pointing to the more oppressed areas. Works to preserve the monument were undertaken in 1986, and cleaning was done in 1995.