Primary school "Vuk Karadzic"Look at map
(41 Takovska street)
One of the oldest primary schools in Serbia, it was founded in 1838 under the name Palilulska which it retained up to 1931 when it was renamed to its present name.
The main school building was built in 1894 while the "small school" was built in 1905 using the means ofthe great benefactor Nikola Spasic. The new school was built in 1956 and a large gymnasium in 1963.
Among others, the famous students of this school were poets Milutin Bojic and Vojislav Ilic and professors Milan Bartos , Ras and Aleksandar Dimitrijevic Despic.