The building of the National Bank of Serbia in King Peter’sLook at map
(12 King Peter street )
Construction lasted from in 1888 to 1890s, and was led by Konstantin Jovanovic, who was the son of a famous graphic artist, painter of the first Serbian lithographer, Anastas Jovanović. Konstantin Jovanovic studied architecture in Zurich, in Italy, he studied Renaissance History in Vienna where he had a great reputation. For outstanding achievement in the design of the building of the National Bank, Constantine was awarded the Order of St. Sava III class.
Interior decoration also shows great skill in applied arts and characterized by a combination of different materials and techniques.