The international airport "Beograd" was located between Bezanijska kosa and the left bank of Sava, near today's Tosin bunar. The airport opened for traffic in March 1927. During 1939 and 1940 around 14 international passenger flights would set off and land in the airport. The hangers were projected by Milutin Milankovic. During WWII the airport was used by the Germans who also tore it down in 1944 when they were retreating from Belgrade.