Kindergarten, preschool institution MIKOLU is located at 120a Milutina Milankovica boulevard has the space capacity of 270m2, extremely bright and suitable for children’s stay.
Work is organized in form of full day and half day stay and is done in small groups aged 2-7 years.
The kindergarten is equipped according to the valid standards, furniture, teaching and expendable materials, children’s literature and professional materials.
DETAILS ABOUT THE INSTITUTION:
Our starting point is the needs of the family and the development needs of children. We try to support the family in their parenting and offer optimal conditions for their children’s proper psychological and physical development.
Our groups are formed with mixed aged children which allows the children to communicate with both older and younger peers every single day.
We try to allow every child to obtain knowledge through workshop methods meaning that we organize our day-to-day activity based on the children’s needs: we bake real cookies, make practical and decorative items, we make winter supplies, plant flowers, tidy up our surroundings, cut, glue and make collages to decorate our space. We try to do all the activities important to everyday life in form of workshops.
There is no TV, music is adjusted to the age of the children – kids’ and classic music.
- Perfect number of children per group
- Mixed age groups
- Varied programs and activities
- Support for the child and its potentials
- Openness and readiness for further development of cooperation with the family and the local community, teamwork and options for permanent learning and professional advancement.
This program allows the child to discover the wondrous world of math which is all around us. It helps the child to develop its cognitive abilities through their own experience with manipulative materials for classification, serialization and logical activities and games.
Some of the important goals of this program include:
Encouraging the children to develop varied interests in spotting and solving problems
Encouraging the children to apply different tactics to solving problems
Developing creative thinking
Using math in practical life situations
Teaching the concept of a number and the concept of groups
Developing initial knowledge about geometric figures in existence – square, circle, triangle and rectangle
Translating from idea to image presenting – cube, square, ball.
Art workshop program consists of a system of graphical, artistic and exploration activities that enrich the sensor/perceptive experiences and contribute to the emotional stability of children, developing fine motor skills and hand to eye coordination. The children will have the opportunity to learn about various art materials, means and techniques and discover different possibilities of artistic exploration in small scene projects, costumes and puppets for plays. Products and art work in various art works in different mediums will be stored in the child’s portfolio that they will bring with them when they complete the program.
Developing musical abilities is the main goal of this program. The content of the program consists of systems of musical games and activities. Specific goals of this program include:
- Developing musical abilities through various systems of musical games and activities.
- Developing musical culture through listening carefully selected musical content.
- Learning about the traditional musical heritage, various genres and styles>
- Learning simple music forms
- Learning about selected musical instruments
- Mastering the technique of playing children’s instruments
- Researching sound, making sound with various objects and differentiating their tone, volume, pitch…
- Learning about music games, dance steps and simple choreographies
- Developing musical creativity
Basic goals of this program include:
- Improving bio-motor abilities
- Developing motor skills
- Preventing posture disorders
- Developing a positive self-image
The content of this program includes elementary games for developing fine motor skills, rhythm and musical activities, small sports games, spatial orientation games, obstacle courses.
We use the finest clay to develop concentration, fine motor skills, artistic skills and confidence.