Close
  • 011info Belgrade guide English version
  • 011info Belgrade guide
Weather forecast Belgrade 9℃
Variably cloudy with a chance of rain
Belgrade 5 day weather forecast
Weather forecast Belgrade 9℃
Variably cloudy with a chance of rain
Belgrade 5 day weather forecast
  • 011info Belgrade guide English version
  • 011info Belgrade guide

Did you know?

In the first decades of the 20th century, before the Zoo was constructed, Kalemegdan had artificial lakes and a stream! They were located where Luna park...
More details ›
The first gun duel in Belgrade took place in 1905 in Banovo hill, between the court marshall Bosko Colak Antic and Milan Pavlovic, the editor of the "Opozicionar"...
More details ›
The stone taken from Tasmajdan was used to construct Viminacium, only to be transported to Smederevo 1000 years later to construct the Serbian medieval...
More details ›
The name "Savamala" is a portmanteau of the words 'Sava' and 'mahala' (small settlement). 
More details ›
The Federation Palace (today "Srbija" palace) was constructed in 1959 for the needs of the government, or more precisely the executive board. The Federation...
More details ›
The municipality of Vracar has existed in its modern form since 1960 and includes parts of areas that used to belong to East Vracar, Neimar and Terazije.
More details ›
The home of Topalovic family from the movie "Maratonci trce pocasni krug" is located in Kosancicev venac in the corner of Zadarska and Srebrenicka streets....
More details ›
The Ottomans called the area of Kalemegdan around the Roman well and today's "Victor" "Ficir bajir", which in translation means "hill for thought".
More details ›
The Nature museum in Belgrade was founded in 1895 as "Jestastvenicki museum of the Serbian country". The museum was originally housed in the Foundation...
More details ›
The first Serbian opera "Na uranku" composed by Stanislav Binicki was performed in the National theatre on 20th December 1903. The comedian, writer and...
More details ›
In the Patriarchy building in Belgrade there is a library and the Museum of Serbian Orthodox church that keeps the cloak of knez Lazar.
More details ›
To honor Lazar Herbeljanovic, the settlement "Lazarevac" was named after him in 1889. However, there are differring opinions on how this town got its...
More details ›
The first soccer match in Belgrade took place in 1896 in Lowtown near the Nebojsa tower. A Jewish man by the name of Hugo Buli upon his return from studying...
More details ›
On Tasmajdan, there is a cave 28m directly under the church of St. Mark. In its depts there is a Nazi hideout, a quarry and a saltpepper cave that served...
More details ›
Avala tower was constructed in 1965 after the project by Uros Bogunovic and Slobodan Janjic. It was destroyed in the NATO bombing on 29th April 1999 and...
More details ›
The name New Belgrade was first mentioned in 1924 when Petar Kokotovic, a farmer from Bezanija, started the tavern "Novi Beograde" in the street Tosin...
More details ›
Srpska akademija nauka i umetnosti osnovana je 1. novembra 1886. godine. Osnovana je na tradicijama Društva srpske slovesnosti (1841-1864) i Srpskog učenog...
More details ›
The first underground passageway street crossing in Belgrade was built in New Belgrade, block 21, under Lenjin’s Boulevard (today called Mihajla Pupina...
More details ›
The large gunpowder storage, the popular “Barutana” is an artificial cave that was dug out at the start of the 18th century. The digging was done through...
More details ›
Kalenic, Bajloni and Cvetkova marketplaces got their names after wealthy Belgraders who gifted their estates to their city.
More details ›
It is believed that the first billiards table in Serbia was located in the tavern "Question mark".
More details ›
Prečnik Rimskog bunara iznosi 3.40 metara a njegova dubina je oko 51 metar (dno bunara je niže od dna reke Save). Niz dva spiralna stepeništa, od kojih...
More details ›
The National theatre in Belgrade began work in 1868. The first play "Djuradj Brankovic" by Karoli Obernjak was held (according to the new calendar) on...
More details ›
In the age of Celts and Romans, Zemun was called Taurunum. Its name today is linked to the arrival of Slovenian tribes around 6th century. It is believed...
More details ›