Close
  • 011info Belgrade guide English version
  • 011info Belgrade guide

Did you know?

One of the most unusual monuments-watchtowers located in Pioneer park was made using the stones from Kajmakcalan. This monument is a memory of a great...
More details ›
Tower Gardos, also known as Sibinjanin Janko tower or as Millenium tower is one of the four Millenium towers constructed by the Hungarian authorities in...
More details ›
The wealthy Zemun trader, Theodor Tosa Apostolovic, constructed a well next to the road to Bezanija. This place soon became a beloved picnicking spot for...
More details ›
In Sremska street, when you're going down from Albania to Zeleni Venac, you can see the oldest grafitti in Belgrade on the facade in the left side of one...
More details ›
The largest number of spectators in the Red Star stadium happened on 23rd of April 1975 with "Ferencvaros" in a semi-final game for the winner of cup of...
More details ›
The "Vaznesenjska" (Ascension) church was constructed as a town church in 1863 and still bears the original flag of Belgrade's city management. The red...
More details ›
Riunione palace in which the Jadran cinema was located was constructed around 1930. The building was constructed by the Adriatic insurance company from...
More details ›
There used to exist a tram line with the number 1 which drove between Kalemegdan and Slavia. Over time its route was cut and extended and between the two...
More details ›
During WWII a teacher from Belgrade, Miladin Zaric, prevented the Germans from demolishing the old Sava bridge on 2oth of October 1944. He did so by cutting...
More details ›
Muja the alligator came to Belgrade zoo as an adult animal on 12th of September 1937 and today he remains the only living resident of the Beo Zoo who survived...
More details ›
The "Djurmukane" building was constructed around 1835 during the reign of Knez Milos next to the river Sava. Back then it represented the old "gate" of...
More details ›
The National museum in Belgrade is the oldest museum institution of that type in our city. It was founded by Jovan Sterija Popovic on the 10th of May 1844...
More details ›
The first bookstore in Belgrade was started by Gligorije Vozarovic in the corner of Kralja Petra and Kneza Sime Markovica streets during the reign of kneza...
More details ›
In the place of today's palace Albania there used to be a tavern of the same name which was constructed around the middle of the 19th century. The tavern...
More details ›
The first marketplace in Belgrade originated in 1824. It was located near the then Turkish graveyard and later moved in front of Captain Misa's building,...
More details ›
The smaller War Island was significantly larger before WWII because there was much more sand there. When the construction of New Belgrade began in 1948...
More details ›
The "Stari mlin" (Old mill) is one of the oldest mills in Europe, constructed in 1903 in Topciderska street (today called 15 Vojvode Misica boulevard)....
More details ›
Today's Congregation church in Belgrade was built on another church's foundations, the tembple of St. Arhistratig which is mentioned during the Austrian...
More details ›
Delijska fountain in Belgrade is one of the oldest fountains mentioned in the 17th century. The name "delijska" came from the Turkish word for light cavalry...
More details ›
In the location of today's Home of National Assembly in Belgrade during the Turkish reign existed the Batal Mosque. It was believed to be constructed around...
More details ›
The oldest preserved house in Belgrade is located in Dorcol at 10 Cara Dusana street. The construction began in 1724 and was completed three years later.  More...
More details ›
The international airport "Beograd" was located between Bezanijska kosa and the left bank of Sava, near today's Tosin bunar. The airport opened for traffic...
More details ›
The monument to prince Mihailo Obrenovic was constructed in 1882 in honor of the state official who finally liberated Serbia from Turkish reign and brought...
More details ›
Zrnov was a medieval fort located in the highest part of Avala. The Romans erected a fortification where the Serbs later constructed a fortress which was...
More details ›